Friday, February 1, 2013

Beyoncé sings live at Super Bowl press conference; explains inauguration

Last night, Beyonce opened up Super Bowl halftime show press conference with an amazing live cappella rendition of the national anthem after which she asked with a laugh, 'any questions'? The first question she was asked was if she sang to a pre-recorded track during the Inauguration. Beyonce admitted she had some help and explained:
Yes. I am a perfectionist. One thing about me is that I practice until my feet bleed. I did not have time to rehearse with the orchestra. It was a live television show. A very emotional show for me. One of my proudest moments. Due to the weather, due to the delay, due to no proper soundtrack, I did not feel comfortable taking a risk. It was about the president and the Inauguration and I wanted to make him proud so I decided to sing along to my pre-recorded track which is very common in the industry and I’m very proud of my performance.
"I will absolutely be singing live, (at Super Bowl). This is what I was born to do."
See the Super Bowl video after the cut...




No comments:

Post a Comment