Thursday, July 23, 2009

Ne-Yo: 'Rihanna won't write Brown song'

Ne-Yo has revealed that Rihanna is not planning to write or record any songs about her experience with ex-boyfriend Chris Brown.

Brown recently struck a plea deal following claims that he assaulted the 'Disturbia' star in February. He was sentenced to five years' probation and 120 hours of community service.

Speaking to MTV News, Ne-Yo said: "I've done some stuff for Rihanna. I didn't really want to go there too much, because I know that's what everybody is expecting.... I don't feel like it needs to be glorified. I don't think that needs to be a song that's sung or written."

The singer-songwriter went on to say that his own friendship with Brown was another reason why he could not write a song about the incident, saying: "It was an absolute mistake, and he has some lessons to learn and some maturing to do.

"But I'm not gonna bash him for that. I'm not gonna turn my back on a person I call my friend because he made a mistake. [So] I can't write the Chris Brown bash song and then turn around and look myself in the mirror."

Brown recently released a video statement apologising for the incident and insisting that he had wanted to speak out sooner but had been advised not too by his lawyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment