Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Tasha Back With A Brand New Song/Video



Hey everyone!

So I finally got a video up for my new song called ‘All You Couldn’t Do’. Basically what the song is about is a conversation me and my mum once had and a few things she wrote in a letter she had for me to read after she passed away! I will start from the beginning so you understand the story. When my mum was younger she was a dancer, a really good one at that, she auditioned for a really good dance school when she finished high school and amazingly enough she got in, when she went to tell her Dad and step-mum (my mum’s mum passed away when she was 2) they said that she couldn’t go to the dance school because she had to get a job to help pay bills! So throughout my life my mum had always been so supportive of me, there was nothing she told me I couldn’t do because she didn’t want me to be treated how she was and miss out on any opportunity! This song is a mix between the things my mum said to me and me giving a message to everyone else, kind of like I was sharing my mum’s advice! I think that if you have a dream whether it’s to become a singer, dancer, teacher or a doctor just anything, the only person that will hold you back is yourself! My mum told me “dreams are precious so when you have one you believe in, grab it with both hands and don’t let it go”. Moving on from the meaning of the song onto how it felt like to record to a melody I hadn’t thought up myself. I didn’t find the writing part of it difficult but I found recording it difficult! I felt really afraid of going wrong and scared to try and hit notes so I feel that the song is quite restricted! But I told you all I would try it so I put the video up on my YouTube page anyway! I wrote about having writers block in my last blog and ironically enough straight after recording this song I picked up my guitar and wrote a whole new song so there will be no waiting around for the next video I just need to record it! Excited!

Natasha x

No comments:

Post a Comment