Monday, November 26, 2012

"I never said I married my wife out of pity" - Joseph Benjamin

The actor said in an interview with Bella Naija a few days back that he married his wife after she got pregnant because he didn't want to have children out of wedlock...but people are interpreting that to to mean he married her out of pity. The actor is not happy about the latest insinuations. Read his tweets from down up...

See the rest of his Tweets and what he really said in the BN interview after the cut...






What Joseph Benjamin told BN
What really happened in his marriage?I was married for 8 years. It was a rather odd situation at that time. She got pregnant and I didn’t want to have a child out of wedlock and so I married her so we could build a home together, even though we had given birth to the first child. Things weren’t rosy then, but I believed it was the right thing to do for the sake of the child. I overlooked my own personal desires, I just wanted to do right. Our second child came and I stood by my family like I always have; but no one is perfect, we had our issues – the crisis persisted but we stayed because of the kids. But you never make that kind of decision because if the parents are not happy together then the children suffer.

I’ll also like to correct a misconception – she is not older than me, and she wasn’t taking care of my financial needs as people have insinuated. We were both starting off in life on the same grounds – no one was exploited.”

No comments:

Post a Comment