Tuesday, September 8, 2009

With a little help from McEnroe, Nole charms New York!

    Novak Djokovic crushed Radek Stepanek 6:1, 6:3, 6:3 in one hour, 46 minutes to reach the quarterfinals in New York for the third straight season. 
    One more victory, against Spaniard Fernando Verdasco, and he’s into a first Grand Slam semifinal of 2009.
" I think (the crowd) wanted a little longer match, so I’m sorry," Djokovic said. "Overall I think I played a great match, I didn’t give him any chance to get into the match. " 
   There were ample cheers Monday. Novak revived his trademark imitations, replicating John McEnroe, and McEnroe, at Djokovic’s request, came down from the broadcast booth – in his dress pants and dress shirt – to hit with the Serb. Djokovic signed numerous autographs afterwards.
 
" I would like to thank all the crowd for staying up late," Novak said in a courtside interview. " The US Open and New York are well known for these night matches, and it was a big privilege and pleasure for me to play. "

  SOURCE: Novak Djokovic Official WebSite  and  sjsm19 Thanks to all!
                                (read more)

No comments:

Post a Comment