Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Aki and Paw Paw visit flood victims in Delta State

The popular Nollywood actors visited flood victims in Delta State over the weekend. The governor of the state, Dr Emmanuel Uduaghan explained to newsmen why he invited the actors to meet with flood victims.
"I went to the flood victims camp one day and as I walked in, half of the population were watching TV. I tried to attract their attention. Some looked at me and greeted me, but they turned to continue watching the television. When I looked at the television, I saw it was Aki, Paw Paw and Ibu that they were watching. You see, because they were watching Aki, Paw Paw and Ibu, they forgot their pains. For them, these Nollywood actors were helping them to ease their pains. That was why I invited them to go to the different camps as motivational speakers because the victims require a lot of motivation, while they are preparing to go back home.”

No comments:

Post a Comment