Friday, December 9, 2011

Rihanna Gets Fanged Grill For 'You Da One' Video

Rihanna is readying the release of her video for "You Da One," and is teasing fans with what they can expect from the clip for the bouncy Dr. Luke-produced track. In a new video posted by the singer, she's spotted backstage at one of her shows, prepping a look.

"I'm getting a grill made for an upcoming video shoot for 'You Da One,' but I only want the bottom done with fangs, and they have to make a mold so they can send it to New Castle, ship it from New Castle, get it made, and then send it back to London for the video," the singer says in a behind-the-scenes featurette shot at London's O2 Arena and posted on Aceshowbiz.com.

While little else is known about what will happen in the video or why exactly Rihanna will be sporting fangs, in photos posted on Global Grind, she rocks some funky fashions.
. Wearing a short blond wig with blunt bangs, Rihanna dons a tight white tank top, denim shorts, bold black tights with the word "Boy" written on them in white and a white bowler hat. The look fits the wardrobe she's been wearing during this album phase, which is very street and punk-inspired.

RiRi's once again set to work with Melina Matsoukas, who shot her "We Found Love" video. At the time of its release, Matsoukas told MTV News that she hoped the two would hookup for another Talk That Talk clip.

"There's definitely some more music coming out, and I'm sure we'll do some more collaborating. I definitely would love to," she said. "I'm excited that I got to do the first one off her new album, the first single. I've never done that, so that was good. ... I think it sets up definitely the imagery for the album, and it's in line with what they're doing. So that's good, and I'm sure there's plenty more, hopefully. ... She called me after, and she loves it, and I love it." 
 In an interview with Ryan Seacrest, Rihanna explained why she wanted to record "You Da One," the second single off Talk That Talk.

"This is one of those records, it becomes very addictive," she said. "To me, it's very infectious: The more you listen to it, the more you want to listen to it. It had a reggae vibe, but it's a sweet little love letter. I love the record. It's kind of dirty. I love it."

No comments:

Post a Comment