Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Dear LIB readers: Am I still a virgin?

From a LIB reader
Please Linda I urgently need your advice and those of people reading your post. I turned 26 a few months back and will be settling down soon, God willing.
My confusion and fear stems from a childhood experience which I've kept to myself all these years. When I was very much younger, around the age of 8, something happened to me. My mom normally drops the key to the house with a neighbour so I can get it from there when I get back from school. Our neighbour has a son named Alaba, who is much older than me. All the kids, including myself, in the neighbour hood were very fond of him as he is very jovial and playful. And I don't think I've ever taught of him as dangerous to hang around.
So I came back from school on this faithful day and when to get the key as I usually do. When I got there he started playing with me, throwing me in the air, you know just as a brother will play with a sister. But all of a sudden, he clamped my hands together and held them down. Then he slid his fingers inside me and I bit him and ran out as a result of the pain I felt. I wanted to tell my mum but I was afraid she'll beat me or even punish me, so I kept it to myself. I'm 26 years of age now and before God and man, I've never slept with any man because I was always waiting for that special one. Now he's here. We were discussing on sexual relation one day and we both agreed to wait till our wedding night. I told him I'm still a virgin. But I'm afraid. What if I don't bleed during our first meeting? Am I still a virgin? Is my hymen still there? All these questions keeps tugging at my heart. Should I tell him and if I did, will he believe me? Please this is urgent as I'll be settling down in a few months time. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment